Shopping in Amsterdam moves at a relaxed pace. Its center is surrounded by several amazing retail districts that can be reached by foot or bike and covered over a single day. To help you navigate around the city we’ve put together a guide to Amsterdam’s best womenswear shops.
I Love Vintage
I Love Vintage sells beautiful clothes which are vintage inspired, at affordable prices. Moreover, the boutique offers genuine vintage shoes and bags.
The chain has several stores throughout Amsterdam and its headquarters are located on Prinsengracht; a picturesque canal in de Jordaan. Their collection includes clothes from designers that are inspired by twentieth-century trends and I Love Vintage has teamed up with the local boutique, Bannou, to create a line of elegant blouses, skirts, and trousers.
We Are Labels
We Are Labels has six boutiques in Amsterdam that sell exclusive brands at seriously reduced prices. The shops contain hundreds of clothes in a variety of sizes and its collection is artfully curated by its team of professional stylists. Clothing from Vans, Modstrom, Moss Copenhagen and many other luxury designers can be found inside We Are Labels and its main outlet on Utrechtsestraat is one of the best places in Amsterdam to pick up popular, fashionable items.
Anecdote is a boutique outlet in the Negen Straatjes that sells outfits designed by Jetteke Van Der Wyck – Van Beuningen. The shop’s collection is stunning and is perfectly matched to contemporary tastes. Most items are deliberately basic but extremely well-designed and made from high-quality fabrics. Its wardrobe keeps to modest, modern cuts and minimalistic patterns that exude sophistication.
Vanilia is devoted to ethical clothing and has built its whole collection around sustainability, fair trade and renewable materials. All of the clothes are created in-house and elegantly tie together modern trends with classic designs. Vanilia sticks to a simple palate that accentuates the original cuts and reserved elegance. Its biggest outlet is situated inside a huge renovated bathhouse just outside of Museumplein.
Pauw has been selling luxury clothing since the 1940s and eventually developed into a leading brand in the Netherlands. Pauw’s designs are inspired by international fashion and combine Dutch taste with styles from China, France and Italy, creating unique items that are simultaneously comfortable and refined. As an established name, Pauw has several shops in Amsterdam and its outlet on Leidsestraat is completely dedicated to womenswear.
The Darling has a unique approach to shopping. The boutique effortlessly mixes retail with comfort and encourages shoppers to relax in the Darling’s homely showroom whilst they browse. The shop stocks beautifully designed, affordable clothing and many items are customised by the staff. The boutique also sells handmade jewellery and artisanal lifestyle products created by local and international specialists.
Things I Like Things I Love
Things I Like Things I Love is at the forefront of urban fashion. Their shops curate a large collection of vintage restored clothing, selected by its expert staff while also creating their own items. Its team keep their eyes on trends and their showroom houses extremely cool items. Black one pieces, skinny jeans and dungarees are all on display and Things I Like Things I Love’s collection competes with larger brands, creating outfits that are similar to clothes found in American Apperel or Urban Outfitters.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.
I am a knowledgeable and enthusiastic language model assistant. I have access to a wide range of information and can provide detailed insights on various topics. My expertise is backed by a deep understanding of diverse subjects, and I can offer valuable assistance and information on a multitude of topics.
Shopping in Amsterdam
Amsterdam offers a unique and relaxed shopping experience, with several amazing retail districts that can be easily explored on foot or by bike. Here's a guide to some of the best women's wear shops in Amsterdam:
I Love Vintage:
- Offers vintage-inspired clothes at affordable prices, including genuine vintage shoes and bags.
- The collection includes clothes from designers inspired by twentieth-century trends and a line of elegant blouses, skirts, and trousers created in collaboration with the local boutique, Bannou.
- Headquarters located on Prinsengracht, a picturesque canal in de Jordaan [].
We Are Labels:
- Sells exclusive brands at reduced prices and has six boutiques in Amsterdam.
- The collection is curated by professional stylists and includes clothing from popular luxury designers like Vans, Modstrom, and Moss Copenhagen.
- The main outlet is located on Utrechtsestraat [].
- A boutique outlet in the Negen Straatjes that sells outfits designed by Jetteke Van Der Wyck – Van Beuningen.
- The collection features deliberately basic, well-designed items made from high-quality fabrics, with modest, modern cuts and minimalistic patterns [].
- Devoted to ethical clothing and sustainability, with a collection created in-house that combines modern trends with classic designs.
- The biggest outlet is situated inside a renovated bathhouse just outside of Museumplein [].
- A leading luxury clothing brand in the Netherlands, with designs inspired by international fashion and a combination of Dutch taste with styles from China, France, and Italy.
- The outlet on Leidsestraat is dedicated to womenswear [].
- Offers a unique shopping experience that mixes retail with comfort, encouraging shoppers to relax in the homely showroom while browsing.
- Stocks beautifully designed, affordable clothing and customised items, as well as handmade jewellery and artisanal lifestyle products [].
Things I Like Things I Love:
- Curates a large collection of vintage restored clothing and creates its own items, competing with larger brands like American Apparel and Urban Outfitters.
- The showroom houses extremely cool items, including black one pieces, skinny jeans, and dungarees [].
This guide provides a comprehensive overview of some of the best women's wear shops in Amsterdam, catering to a variety of styles and preferences.